Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Another Truth

I have really enjoyed being busy this week and although I have had an awareness that I have been solo on my adventures and even more aware that I am solo when the adventures are done for the day.  I have felt pretty good about it all.
Something hit me yesterday at work.  Was it because I was escaping a mild wave of stress at work?  Had I just reached a speed bump in my "I'm fine" DNA?  I started thinking about his hand.  Then his arm, and chest and shoulder.  His warmth and his sweet words. I missed him.
We have been talking almost every day--I actually missed a few due to getting home so late.  I am really happy for him on his trip and I know that this is an amazing experience for his career.  I also know it is not the right thing for me to take off and be with him right now.
I realized it is okay for me to have another truth.  I can miss him. I don't have to run from that feeling with busy-ness or rationalizing it away.

As I am writing this I think of my parents, John and Marlene.  John left twice on Active Duty.  Once to Desert Storm and once to Haiti.  I had already left home for college.  David was still home with our mom.  I wonder how long he was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment